Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Locks of Love

Photobucket

Christmas is just around the corner and ‘tis the season of giving. I want to donate to a charity, since volunteer time is constrained entirely by AutumnMay. I don’t have much money, but what I do have is long hair.

I want to give to Locks of Love. I love my long hair, and I know I will definitely miss it, but anything to put a smile on those that are suffering. I love helping others, and knowing that donating my hair will return some sense of self, confidence and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss….I’ll do it in a heartbeat. My hair grows out fast; I’ll have it back in no time.

I can’t even imagine how those kids feel and what they go through each day. I don’t know if torment can even describe what’s it’s like for their friends and family. I shower every morning and hair strands fall out after a wash, and I worry thinking gawd if I keep at this rate I’ll go bald! My hair is a big part of my identity; I know I would feel lost, shame, and a great extent of embarrassment without it. It’s a little that I’m giving, but little is what I have. If we all take small parts to heal the world, then we all do a lot altogether in the end.

Now I just need to figure out what salon participates in this charity, and off I go to cut my pony tail for a very deserving person. Wait, any ideas how I should cut it?

P.S. I'll post up my ponytail later. For now my long hair!

Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment