Lately I’ve been staying up the nights sewing my dear life away, and I love every minute of it. I’m literally trading hours of sleep time to create wonderful pieces of art to be worn. Sewing is a new hobby I recently picked up, and I AM COMPLETELY INFATUATED with it….so much, it’s literally pushed my husband aside if words don’t do justice. ^_^ It’s like a natural high I get every time I finish a garment. Sounds a bit crazy, but crazy fun it is that pulls out the best creativity in me!
(Anyway off topic) Have you ever thought to yourself ‘I could do that better’ after seeing someone’s work of art? Not that it’s bad, but if you were to do it, you know you could do it better? I know I have plenty of times. Maybe you should consider art like how my pottery professor told me. She was in disbelief after she learned her pottery class was my first art class taken in college, since my skills were so natural. I was a little flattered, but I knew art has always been in me. It’s my god given talent…….that I keep ignoring……..sadly. I should really consider it. Huhh?
Last night I was looking through AutumnMay’s bag of clothes to see what was still good to keep and what not before I donate it all, and I came across one of her skirt she wore at nine months that I really ADORED. I didn’t want to let go of it just yet, so I thought of integrating a few pieces of her garments together with the skirt and this is the result. Tell me what you think. I'm open to critiques!
This is what I did to come up with the masterpiece. Heehee, j/k.
These were the garments I picked out from the bag.
I started with the shirt first, cut off about half of the bottom.
Took the elastic out from the back of the skirt.
Flip the skirt inside out, match the waist band to the bottom of the shirt, and sewed.
Cut three stripes from the white top to make ruffles.
Sewed on the ruffles and tadah!!!

Oh I have a real treat for you of all! The kid was so happy with her new recycled outfit, she was dancing on table, literally! Look at what I catch!
Here's to my first blog! Cheers!
These were the garments I picked out from the bag.

I started with the shirt first, cut off about half of the bottom.

Took the elastic out from the back of the skirt.
Flip the skirt inside out, match the waist band to the bottom of the shirt, and sewed.
Cut three stripes from the white top to make ruffles.

Sewed on the ruffles and tadah!!!

Oh I have a real treat for you of all! The kid was so happy with her new recycled outfit, she was dancing on table, literally! Look at what I catch!
Here's to my first blog! Cheers!




No comments:
Post a Comment